What is a Higher Apprenticeship?
With a Higher Apprenticeship you will be employed full time and earn and learn at the same time. Higher and Degree Apprenticeships are available at levels 4-7; DTA currently offer the Level 4 and Level 5 qualifications. They combine work with study and include a work based qualification. You will attend DTA on a day release basis to study the technical knowledge part of the qualification.
What does the Higher Apprenticeship include?
As part of the Higher Apprenticeship you will study for a HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering as well as completing an NVQ Level 4 in Manufacturing at work starting with practical skills in your first year. The Higher Apprenticeship will take three and a half to four years to complete.
Are there any Entry Requirements?
The entry requirements for a Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering is either A Level’s in suitable Maths and Science subjects or having completed a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering with relevant work experience. You will need your employers consent to start or progress onto the Higher Apprenticeship from an Advanced Apprenticeship.
From 2017 if you already have a qualification at or above Level 3,4 or 5 you can still apply for an Apprenticeship provided the prior qualification is not in the exact same area of education. If you are unsure, please contact us and we will advise.
What are the benefits in doing a Higher Apprenticeship?
- Potential to achieve graduate and post-graduate level qualifications whilst learning and earning in a real business
- The chance to gain professional accreditation and membership
- A unique, new way of developing professional level, job specific skills while remaining in employment and earning a salary
- No debt via student loans as the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up the Higher Apprenticeship
- New opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the company plus higher earning capacity.
If you would like more information on the Higher Apprenticeship, please call 01653 697698 and ask to speak to our Training and Assessment Manager, Bob Watmore or email firstname.lastname@example.org