The Management Team and Staff at Derwent Training Association are committed to the quality and stated quality objectives.
- We will maintain our Quality Management System to meet the requirements of ISO9001 standard
- We will continuously improve the effectiveness in our Quality Management System
- Evaluate and improve our products and services through staff and customer involvements
- Develop quality awareness through process involvements and training our staff
- Improve our quality through our experience.
DTA’s dedication to meeting the needs of local engineering employers benefits the learners. DTA has a small number of staff and this resource is carefully managed and efficiently deployed. Staff and Managers’ commitment to the learners and to the quality of the provision is excellent.
The Matrix Standard is the unique quality framework for organisations to assess and measure their information advice and/or guidance services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
DTA has passed Matrix Accreditation in 2018 and produced many good examples of practice.
Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
DTA is supported by the ESFA for the delivery of Apprenticeships. DTA acknowledges the support and funding it receives from the ESFA.
Europen Social Fund
DTA is supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) on key projects related to training.
The Engineering College
All Non-Levy apprentices' funding is sub-contracted through The Engineering College, Birkenhead. If your apprentice is funded through the College then you may receive correspondance from them from time to time.