What is a Higher Apprenticeship?
A Higher Apprenticeship allows you to gain higher qualifications through the apprenticeship route. As an apprentice you will be employed in a real job working 4 days a week with your employer and attending DTA on a day release basis to complete the theory element of your qualification.
DTA offer Higher Apprenticeships in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- General Engineering
What does the Higher Apprenticeship include?
Whilst attending DTA, you will work towards the knowledge element of your qualification. This is primarily classroom based with a lot of higher mathematics based content.
To complete the Higher Apprenticeship you must complete the following elements:
- Level 4 NVQ in Engineering Manufacture
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC)
What are the entry requirements?
To start a Higher Apprenticeship you must be 18 or over and will need A-Levels in suitable Maths and Science subjects hor have previously completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering with suitable work experience.
As part of the recruitment process, you will have to undertake an interview with the Lead Higher Nationals Trainer to check your suitability before your place is confirmed on the course.
If you are progressing from an Advanced Apprenticeship, you must have your employers consent to progress onto a Higher Apprenticeship with a suitable job role that will allow you to gain evidence for your Level 4 NVQ in the workplace.
You cannot start a Higher Apprenticeship if you have a HNC, HND or Degree in an Engineering related subject.
What are the benefits in doing a Higher Apprenticeship?
- Potential to achieve graduate and post-graduate level qualifications whilst learning and earning in a real business
- The chance to gain professional accreditation and membership
- A unique, new way of developing professional level, job specific skills while remaining in employment and earning a salary
- No debt via student loans as the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up the Higher Apprenticeship
- New opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the company plus higher earning capacity.
If you would like more information on the Higher Apprenticeship, please speak to our Business Development Manager, Angela Major on 01653 697698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org