What is a Higher Apprenticeship?
A Higher Apprenticehip allows you to gain Level 4 and Level 5 qualifications through an Apprenticeship route.
You will employed in a real job working 4 days a week and attend DTA on a day release basis.
The Higher Apprenticeships we offer are:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- General Engineering
What does the Higher Apprenticeship include?
On your day release at DTA, you will work towards the knowledge element of your qualification. This is primarily classroom based learning with a lot of Higher Maths content.
To gain the Higher Apprenticeship certificate you must complete the following elements:
- Level 4 NVQ in Engineering Manufacture (work-based qualification)
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
The Higher Apprenticeship will take three and a half to four years' to complete.
What are the entry requirements?
You have to be 18 or over to start a Higher Apprenticeship and you will need suitable A-Levels in Maths and Science subjects or have previously completed a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering with relevant work experience.
You will have to go through an interview process with the Lead Higher Nationals Tutor before you place on the programme is accepted.
You will need to have your employers consent to start a Higher Apprenticeship and a job role to gain relevant workplace evidence for your NVQ.
You cannot start a Higher Apprenticeship if you have a HNC, HND or Degree in an Engineering related subject. If you have this level of qualification an unrelated subject, you can now start an Apprenticeship in Engineering.
What are the benefits in doing a Higher Apprenticeship?
- Potential to achieve graduate and post-graduate level qualifications whilst learning and earning in a real business
- The chance to gain professional accreditation and membership
- A unique, new way of developing professional level, job specific skills while remaining in employment and earning a salary
- No debt via student loans as the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up the Higher Apprenticeship
- New opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the company plus higher earning capacity.
If you would like more information on the Higher Apprenticeship, please speak to our Business Development Manager, Angela Major on 01653 697698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org