Technical Support - JOB EXAMPLE
DTA have opportunities for September 2019 to start an Advanced Apprenticeship in Technical Support. DTA are based in Malton, North Yorkshire and are the only specialist engineering training provider in the local area.
DTA recruit and train apprentices for employers across York, Ryedale and along the Yorkshire Coast. If successful, you will attend DTA on a day release basis and working four days a week with your employer learning job related skills.
We ask all applicants to complete an online application form to register their interest in starting an Apprenticeship. You will then be invited to DTA to complete a mandatory assessment test and interview - your details will then be sent to recruiting employer from May onwards.
The roles to start from September 2019 offer an opportunity to work and train to develop the appropriate skills and under-pinning knowledge in the manufacture of components and products of:
- drawing (manual and/or 2D/3D CAD) and specification information development and documentation
- appropriate mechanical and/or electrical engineering practical skills
- mechanical and/or electrical inspection, measuring and testing equipment techniques and procedures
- quality management systems for problem identification and resolution.
Technical Support includes the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) which is the use of a computer sustem to aid in the creation, modification, analysis or optimisation of a design.
DTA alongside your employer will support your programme of development in a role for three and a half to four years which will include day release to DTA for the development of the Advanced Apprenticeship behaviours, skills and knowledge.
Please note that to start with DTA in September you must be employed by a company with the agreement that you will start down the apprenticeship route.
We cannot guarantee placement for all applicants so we do ask you to be actively sending your CV to local employers.
We recommend all candidates have 5 GCSE's (A*-C / 9-4) in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
- An enthusiastic desire to work in a team based engineering and manufacturing environment
- Preapred to follow instructions in a methodical manner
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Aptitude to develop skills in interpreting drawings and diagrams
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Technical Support
If you are interested in the advertised opportunity simply fill in the application for. Alternatively can contact Lauren on email@example.com or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further
York, Ryedale and Coastal areas