Apprentice Fabricator Welder
James Fisher Nuclear:
James Fisher Nuclear was formed in 2005 and the company is built on the strong heritage of design, manufacture, testing and inspection skills and expertise that has been developed in the many organisations that have been combined into today's James Fisher Nuclear. This experience is wide ranging within the UK nuclear sector but draws upon many related industries ranging from aerospace to sub-sea engineering and remotely operated vehicles.Company Link
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Undertaking welding/fabrication activities allocated on the production schedule/work-list to meet production targets
- Defining fabrication methods from engineering drawings
- Welding stainless steels to defined procedures and weld plans
- Welding carbon steels to defined procedures and weld plans
- General fabrication skills other than welding
- General report writing for recording tests, troubleshooting and fabrication procedures
- Feedback to engineering design including attending design reviews as required
- Maintenance of factory fabrication tools and equipment
- Identifying new working methods, tooling or other systems that may improve efficiency
- Awareness and knowledge of hazards, PPE requirementes and emergency procedures
- Responsible for house-keeping of allocated work areas
- Promote adherence to James Fisher Nuclear's manufacturing processes and procedures to support consistency and quality of manufacturing work.
We recommend that all applicants have achieved, or or working towards achieving a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
- Good communication skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work to a high-standard
- A very high attention to detail
- To work on your own initiative, and with training feel comfortable working without constant supervision.
Qualifications Gained(upon completion):
Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard
If you are interested in the advertised opportunity simply fill in the application for. Alternatively can contact Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01653 697698 to discuss the role further
Malton, North Yorkshire
To be Agreed upon Appointment
Monday - Friday (8:30am - 16:30pm)