In light of the recent Government announcements, Derwent Training has taken the decision to go 100% remote learning until at least Monday 18th January.
This decision has been based on a number of factors:
- Numbers of positive Covid cases are increasing rapidly
- The training centre, and the majority of its staff and learners now live in a Tier 3 area
- Some staff and learners live in Tier 4 areas where the number of positive cases per 100,000 is very high
- We have a number of vulnerable staff and learners
- The new variant of Covid is transmitting quicker and easier than the original strain
- The impact of people mixing at Christmas is not yet clear
- Schools and Colleges have been instructed to delay opening
- Some employers do not want employees to be mixing during this time
- We need to play our part in reducing the impact on the NHS.
The actions we are now taking are:
- All staff will return to work remotely on Monday 4th January
- Remote delivery of learning will start Tuesday 5th January with trainers delivering via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Learners are not allowed into the training centre until at least Monday 18th January
- For the moment, no workplace visits will take place
- Laptops will be distributed to learners who need them to allow them to continue with their training
- Tripartite reviews will continue and be done by video or phone conferencing, to allow for joint discussions.
We will review the situation regularly and provide updates for learners and employers.
As staff will be working remotely our phone lines will be unavailable. If you need to contact us, please email the Business Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or staff emails can be found here.